Mayo Clinic knows that support from families, friends, co-workers, neighbors or others is an important aspect of the healing process.
Because of this, we offer our patients access to CarePages.
CarePages is a free, easy-to-use, blog-like website to help patients share updates about their care before, during and after hospitalization. Many patients find that using CarePages is easier than making and receiving multiple phone calls.
The benefits of CarePages include:
- Reducing the stress of keeping in touch with everyone by posting information or updates once.
- Improving accuracy of patient information to family and friends. (Thereâ€™s less of the â€śheard it from a friend, who heard it from a friend, whoâ€¦.â€ť)
- Allowing patients/families to provide updates when it works best for them.
- Providing a place to share photos.
- Allowing family and friends to leave messages of encouragement, hope and strength for the patient.
- Notifying friends and family automatically when new updates are posted.
- Enabling visitors to read stories and connect with others in similar situations.
Security is an important reason CarePages was selected. CarePages is personal and private, and complies with all patient privacy regulations. Privacy controls enable patients to decide what information to share, what photos to post and who can view the page. The CarePage cannot be accessed unless an individual is invited to view the page. Once invited, that person will need to sign in with a user name and password and know the name of the patientâ€™s page to access it. An added benefit is that CarePages has a guest book which enables patients to see who is visiting the page, the email address of the visitor and the number of times they visited the page.
Patients can access CarePages from any desktop computer with a connection to the Internet or through a wireless laptop with Internet access.Â Mayo Clinic offers free wireless access on campus for our patients and visitors.
If you have a family member receiving treatment at Mayo Clinic or if you and your family are expecting a baby, you are invited to create at CarePage. Step-by-step instructions are available here.
Here's a testimonial from a CarePages user: