Mayo Clinic’s Section of Patient Education won eight 2010 National Health Information Awards. The educational material was created with team collaboration from various clinical areas and Media Support Services. Winners earned gold, bronze or merit awards.
- Pressure Relief Maneuvers (MC6479), Bronze
- Teens + Living Well: Staying Healthy & Safe (MC5727-02), Bronze
- Pediatric Cohlear Implants (MC6292), Merit
- Your Child’s Heart Surgery, Middle School (MC6141-04), Merit
- Teens + Depression: You Are Not Alone (MC6356), Merit
- Barrett’s Esophagus & Esophageal Cancer (MC6373), Gold
- Your Discharge From the Psychiatric Hospital (MC6281-01), Bronze
- How to Treat Your Feet (MC6345), Merit
The entries were judged and selected by a panel of health information experts. More than 1,000 entries were submitted.
Watch a clip from gold winning video Barrett’s Esophagus and Esophageal Cancer:
Click here to learn more about the Barbara Woodward Lips Patient Education Center.
This article was written by Amy Hahn, Communications Consultant in the Section of Patient Education, Mayo Clinic in Minnesota.