The life-size, see-through Transparent Man stands in the Barbara Woodward Lips Patient Education Center at Mayo Clinic in Rochester, educating visitors about the body’s anatomy any physiology.
The Transparent Man
Facts of interest about Mr. Transparent:
- The 1933 Chicago World’s Fair Mayo Clinic Exhibit introduced him
- The German Hygiene Museum of Dresden, Germany, created him
- He spent five decades as the main attraction at the Mayo Clinic Museum
- Push a button to learn about the circulatory system, skeleton and organs
- He talks – well, not from his lips, but you hear a voice – and he lights up!
- He’s an original and very few – if any – remain in existence
- Why are his arms extended? Supposedly to embrace the sunlight
Stop in today to see the historic and unique Transparent Man. For more information about the Center, visit its website.
This post was submitted by Amy J. Hahn Sattler, MMC
Communications Consultant, Section of Patient Education, Siebens Subway
Amenities, Human Resources